Every now and then a group of musicians comes along and changes the way we think about music. Tafelmusik has done just that. Music for feasting. It is a name that, for over four decades, has been synonymous worldwide with dynamic, engaging, and soulful performances.
Whether on tour or at home in Trinity-St-Paul’s Centre, an historic church in the Annex neighbourhood of Toronto, at its heart Tafelmusik is a family of collaborative musicians. Steeped in the historical traditions of the baroque and classical eras, together they form one of the world’s leading period ensembles.
Tafelmusik is Canada’s most toured orchestra, having performed in over 350 cities in 32 countries, and its international reputation is without question. The vitality of Tafelmusik’s vision clearly resonates with its loyal audiences at home in Toronto, where the ensemble performs some 80 concerts every year, a focal point of Toronto’s lively early music scene.
Today, Tafelmusik’s catalogue of award-winning recordings continues to demand the attention of the world stage. Over 85 recordings on Tafelmusik Media, Sony, CBC Records, Analekta have garnered nine JUNOs and numerous other recording prizes. Today you regularly see Tafelmusik as Record of the Month in BBC Music Magazine, Editor’s Choice in Gramophone Magazine, or Record of the Year in Absolute Sound Magazine.
Through dynamic performances, international touring, concert films, award-winning recordings, and comprehensive education programs, Tafelmusik reaches out to a multiplicity of audiences. Nearly four decades strong, Tafelmusik continues to deliver a feast for the senses.
For more information, please visit www.tafelmusik.org.
“When the big names of the Baroque era composed their masterpieces 300 years ago they must have dreamed about their hits sounding this good. Tafelmusik was a time-machine last night, sweeping the audience out of its seats and back to that magic period between 1650 and 1750.”
- Tafelmusik: The Galileo Project; Vivaldi Concerto for 2 Violins
- Tafelmusik performs J.S.Bach's Brandenburg Concerto No.3, 1st & 2nd Movements.
- Tafelmusik performs J.S.Bach's Brandenburg Concerto No.3, 3rd Movement.
- "Tambourins" from Alcyone - Tafelmusik Baroque Orchestra
- Interview with Tafelmusik's Jeanne Lamon & Bruno Weil: Beethoven Symphonies 7 & 8
- Tafelmusik in 2024
- Tafelmusik Returns to the United States in 2024
- 2020/2021 Touring Program from Tafelmusik
- Tafelmusik Announces 20/21 Tour Program
- Tafelmusik presents the US premiere of Safe Haven